Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Baumzipfelweg

After such a strenuous and tiring hike, we thought we would take it a little easier the next day and look for something that was maybe a little less difficult.  We settled on a visit to the “Baumzipfelweg” or “tree-top way” which looked very nice in the brochure.  Essentially it is a path on elevated platforms on top of some trees with nice views.  It was also quite close to where we were staying, so the prospect of a shorter drive was also quite welcome.

Like pretty much every activity, this started out with a nice long walk from where we parked.  There was about a 30 minute stroll along this path next to a nice river.  Compared to the past days massive inclines, this seemed pretty easy.

DSC_2616

There were also some cows enjoying the path, so we enjoyed the cows too.

DSC_2625

At the end of this path, we got to the “Golden Gate Bridge of the Alps” and the kiosk where we had to get our tickets to the path.  Possibly the greatest part of the whole experience was that with every entry ticket, you received this amazing gnome hat.  Here is the Anderson family in full gnome mode, standing before the mighty bridge.

DSC_2633

The Starrs looked just as cool decked out in their hats.

DSC_2641

The bridge was pretty cool, I have only ever seen the real Golden Gate bridge from an airplane, but I have to say this one may be just as good in my books.  Mostly because the real GG bridge leads to Oakland and this one leads to Schnitzel.

DSC_2651

I have a moderate fear of heights, so the very see through grating of the bridge made me feel a little nervous.  I did however suck it in and look super calm and comfortable so I can maintain my manly he-man image in front of the children.  I know they clearly see me as some sort of super macho dude.

DSC_2655

Oh, and I did not really mention that again I had the pleasure of all this walking and climbing with some extra pounds of joy strapped to my back.  This was the 3rd or 4th outing in a row carrying Henrik though and I have to say I was actually getting rather used to it.  I don’t think I would have managed another 5 hour trek right away, but it was not so bad. 

DSC_2682

Stay tuned for the next update when we cross the bridge and enjoy the tree tops.

 

No comments: