Friday, March 20, 2009

Return of the Wonderphone


Well thanks to the good folks at Ebay, I have been re-united with my beloved HP iPAQ 514 Voice Messenger. I had some pretty long dark days there, wandering the streets of Germany phone-less. I did not know what to do or where to turn.

After bidding on and losing a surprising number of auctions for a three year old phone model, I managed to snag one for 60 Euro. I had paid 99 for my original one, and I know the original MRSP was 299, so 60 seemed like an OK price to pay. My original limit was 50, but after missing out on quite a few chances, I raised my bar just a little.
I was actually quite considering a move to the iPhone based entirely on jealousy of Ryan's. It almost causes me physical pain to know someone so close to me that is enjoying the sexiest piece of technology in the market right now. You can actually get one in Germany for 59 Euro, then 24 per month on contract. The only thing that deterred me was getting into any contract at all. I like my pay-as-you-go plan. A prepaid iphone in Germany is 499 Euro. No.

Maybe when the next version of the iPhone is released I will consider it again. At least if I get the NEXT iPhone i will be able to put on an air of technological superiority and wave it in front of Ryan's puny 3G version.

No comments: