Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Cooking Asparagus Soup

Over the long weekend, we decided to eat our big meal at a restaurant and just have a light dinner so that I would not have to do a big cook and cleanup for so many people.

Since it is asparagus season here, I opted to make a soup. I cook quite a few soups, so it was not to hard to think up how this one might go. It is almost the same as the nice pea soup I make.

First up, get some asparagus. I went with green, 1kg for 6 people.

Chop them up, and put the nice tips aside.
Next, get an onion.
Chop it up, and then fry in some oil with a handful of mint. Don't let it colour.
Next, add about a pint of chicken stock and the asparagus chunks. Boil them until they are all mushy.
Next add about 1/4 cup of creme fraiche and bring to a boil again.
In another pot, boil the asparagus tips until tender. NOT mushy.
Now, remove the soup from the first pot, liquidize it in a blender, put in some bowls and add some asparagus tips to each one.
Eat it up, yummy.

Real easy to do, took about 30 min all together and I think it tasted pretty good.

1 comment:

Dave C said...

I've made a nice butternut squash soup, but I'll have to give this recipie a go.