Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Circus Action - Part 2

OK, back to the circus.

During the intermissio, we enjoyed the Llama and the circus flunkies set up cages for the next big exciting act. TIGERS.

I thought it was very interesting to see a cage full of tigers. I think it was nice how natural the acted, almost as if they had just been brought in from the wild. I can just imagine a bunch of tigers, relaxing in India or Africa, lying under a shady tree, or perhaps leaping through a hoop like this.
Or perhaps begging for some tasty snacks from a passerby dressed in a sparkling red spandex outfit. It is basically how I imagined tigers would behave all the time. Really I am sure that every tiger goes to sleep each night thinking "one day I will eat that freak."
After the tigers, another low light spectacle of acrobatics with a woman in a hoop way up in the air. I think it was probably the same acrobat in a different costume with some different lighting, but what the heck, it looked nice.
Next up was something interesting because it was something I think that I could probably learn to do. Another spangly couple came out and stood on a small platform wearing roller skates. Now, I can skate reasonably well...
The act, again in low lighting, involved them skating in a circle really fast and then doing some acrobatic poses. As far as I could tell, all the dude had to do was skate fast, hold up the girl and not fall over. I could manage that with some practice. However if it is going to become a family act, Claudia better get to work learning those moves.

I will add that Claudia goes to yoga AND she can sew clothes, therefore she can make the costumes and get flipped around. Showbiz, here we come.
Next up was the Elephants. They pretty much just stood on some wee tables and then stood on two legs and the like. Not too fancy, but impressive based on the fact that elephants look cool.
There was one more act of some really greasy looking dudes who did a sort of juggling thing, but none of the photos really turned out that great. I think the oil in their hair made light bend around them.

At the end, all the performers came out and had a bow to the happy crowd. It was a nice show and Liam certainly had a good time. He talked about it for quite a while afterwards. Although I think the petting zoo made a bigger impression on him. After that visit we had about a week where he would only talk about how he was getting his own goat.

3 comments:

Dave C said...

Fraser you could start to train Liam now for a father/son act and have Claudia make your outfits. Maybe Skaterman and Son of Skaterman.

Fraser Anderson said...

Dave, that is pure genius. You will have tickets front and centre to every show.

Or better yet, you can produce it.

Anonymous said...

I guess I assumed the German circus would be more utilitarian. Like lectures on the structural design of the 'big top' and the caloric intake of the average person at said circus.
Ponter