Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The nicest times of the day

One of the nicest things i got to enjoy in Italy was the very nice sunsets and sunrises. Since we slept with the window wide open and uncurtained, the morning light often woke me up. At home I am used to sleeping with my many millimetres of steel shutters keeping the world out.

Here is the house just as the sun is going down. It looks pretty nice in my opinion.
The sunrises were pretty spectacular as well. The also gave me a chance to try out some experimenting with high-dynamic range pictures. This is where I take multiple exposures of an image at the same time, then put them together in photoshop afterwards. It lets you see the whole range of colours without losing a lot of detail in extreme shadows or blown out light coulours.

It is something I have not tried much and I am not so good at it yet, but I think this sunrise photo turned out rather nice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

COOL. It turned out really nice.
The Doris