Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Robotic Pancake Picking Machine

I just saw this and I am hypnotized. It is a machine that can pick and stack 400 pancakes per minute. Do yourself a favour and watch this short video.

Things that came to mind while watching this.
1) 400 Pancakes per minute. In a 5 day, 8hour per day work week equals about 960,000 Pancakes. Do we really eat that many pancakes?
2) This Robot REALLY looks like the monster from "The Matrix"
3) The comment from the company Director about how the "Robots allowed us to absorb an number of overheads.... save on labour costs" It is amazing how sanitized the language is when they mean to say "we fired a bunch of people and bought robots"
4) This Robot is really awesome.
5) Would Claudia let me buy one if I promise to eat 960,000 pancakes per week?
6) If I had one of these, I would paint a face on it and name it Flexo.
7) Does ABB build a similar robot that will pour a bowl of fruit loops at 6am on the weekends for Liam? I have some weekend overheads that I would like to reduce.

1 comment:

Dave C said...

You should a breakfast machine like PeeWee Herman did in his Big Adventure.

That is something I think you could do, with a little help from Mike Starr.