Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Some quick Photoshop Action

My sister just made a winter visit down the road  to Niagara Falls.  She sent me some nice photos of the trip and I was particularly taken with this one.

falls I thought this looked pretty great, but given the weather of Canada in Feb, it is a little grey and dark.  So, I thought I would have a quick go at it in Photoshop to see what I could do with it.  I wanted to brighten it up and give it some wintery contrast.

What I did was this:

  1. ran the auto tone and auto colour tools.
  2. used the smart sharpen filter.
  3. adjusted curves to brighten up image.
  4. changed levels to increase blue level for a more icy feel.
  5. selectively used the burn tool to bring out some of the details for more contrast.

falls-editWhat do you think?  did I go to far?  I thought maybe I oversharpened and it is a little grainy now, but I think I like the overall look of the image.

No comments: