Tuesday, February 02, 2010

TRAGEDY STRIKES

I was shocked and sad to hear that the Joneses had a break in to their flat over the weekend while they were up in Germany visiting us.  Getting robbed sucks, but I think the important thing to remember is that it is just stuff.  No one was hurt and you can always get more stuff.

Apparently the police have advised that there is a problem with “Georgian gangs” conducting burglaries.  This of course led me to the best source of information that exists, Google.

By typing in to Google “Georgia Gangs” the first image that popped up was unfortunately this one:

image

Which is apparently a still shot from a film about English School girls, one of whom is named Georgia.  As much as I would like to think that an apartment could be burgled by a group of schoolchildren, I think this was likely not the gang I was looking for.

I refined my search to “Georgian Gangs Geneva Robbery” and came to this article:

http://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/index/Georgian_gangs_behind_rise_in_Geneva_burglaries.html?cid=685424

Apparently there is an organized crime presence in Europe and it has recently come to Geneva.  the article states;

“ Georgian criminal gangs are chiefly responsible for the large rise in burglaries in French-speaking Switzerland over the past year, the Geneva police have confirmed.”

Apparently burglaries were up 20% in Geneva last year, that is pretty shocking. 

Another Google search on “Georgian Robbers” gave me this nice photo of Dick Turpin, who really has nothing to do with either, but again I like to think of robbers escaping on horseback over the hills.

F_Dick_Turpin_Highway_Robber I also had a look at the Wikipedia entry on Georgia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_%28country%29 and it had zero mention of Georgian mafia gangs.  I am going to go out on a limb and say the robbers probably looked more like this:

robber You can clearly tell he is a baddie as I think it’s pretty universally known that baddies have masks, striped turtlenecks, crowbars, moustaches and smoke.  Also, he is yelling in Georgian and has a sack of Loot.

I have to say, I am filled with a tremendous dislike for all things Georgian and the entire nation of Georgia at the moment.  A few bad eggs have now ruined an entire country for me as I decide to paint them all with the same brush.   DO YOU HEAR ME GEORGIA!  I DON’T LIKE YOU NOW!

image image

Well, that all being said, I am very sympathetic to the poor Joneses brush with EVIL GEORGIANS and I hope that the Police catch and punish the robbers in the most Swiss way possible, perhaps force feeding of cheese fondue while wearing decorative cowbells and having alpine horns blasted at them by traditionally dressed mountainfolk.  Oh, and also endlessly reading “Heidi”

JUSTICE If it is possible to think that any good has come of this situation, I think we can all agree that it has given me the idea for my new TV series “Swiss Justice”

1 comment:

Dave C said...

I've never seen your anger channelled at an entire country before. Look out Georgia!