Friday, February 05, 2010

Still a computer geek

Even as a fully grown up person, edging ever closer to 40, I still have a great love of video games. I don't even question this, I would still rather spend my recreational time gaming above so many other activities...

This year for Christmas, my gaming needs were addressed with this gift from my mother:

I was already a firm fan of Rock Band and I have been a Beatles fan for many years. This was a particularly good pick as the music selection is more accessible to Claudia should she want to play with me. She is not a fan of many of the more modern songs in Rock Band (regular) that I tend to enjoy, like the Pixies.

Liam also loves this rock band, but for him the entire game is about playing "Yellow Submarine" over and over again. Liam also liked Beatles music from a very small age, but for some yet to be explained reason, he always referred to them as "car wash"

I think he may have first heard them in the car on a trip to the car wash, but I can't be sure. He may have just randomly selected that name.

1 comment:

Dave C said...

I have guitar hero world tour...similar to rock band.

It's definitely a lot of fun, although I have yet to grasp any advance/expert level. I saw a clip of some guy on expert level and it was mindboggling.