Monday, March 15, 2010

Liam’s New Room – Finishing touches

With the room all painted, we just had to put the finishing touches on the details.  After thinking about the many interests of Liam, we decided on some dinosaurs for the wall.  Claudia found some nice dinosaur shapes and then made stencils that I could use for a nice parade.

Liam chose the order of the dinosaurs marching around his walls…imageI have done this a few times now.  Liam’s baby room had a nice border of teddy bear heads, in both our old flat and the house, and the new baby room will get bear heads again.  So I have the technique pretty much down on this. image

imageWith all the painting done, I moved the freshly built furniture in and we attached the curtains (which Claudia had spent the last week sewing.)  Thankfully the room was a big hit with Liam, especially the exciting Hochbett that gave him a whole new area to play.  Under the bed has already been a fort, pirate ship, dragon cave, bear cave, firehouse, and garage.  That was all on the first day.image It was a lot of work, but I think the room looks pretty great, very satisfied with the results and now I am moving on to the baby room as the next project on the list.

5 comments:

Dave said...

Looks good Fraser.

Shelley said...

I love it. I now want dinosaurs on the walls in my room - very cool!

Shelley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mike Starr said...

Good job!!!

super starr said...

Looks awesome! Can't wait to see the baby's room.