Friday, June 09, 2006

The big day

Well, I think that all of Germany is collectively holding thier breath today as the world cup begins. The opening game is in 6 hours and is Germany vs Costa Rica. I am going to go way out on a limb and predict a 2-0 win for Germany. Although, a loss would mean some REALLY great newspaper headlines tommorrow.

I played inline hockey last night for the first time this summer. It is really different to ice hockey, mainly because I am not a goalie for inline. I am far and away the worst inline hockey player on the team, but it is all just for fun. I managed to score a goal last night and have one go off the post. We play inline with no goalies, but with the tiny nets. Summer time is waaaaay too hot to wear full goalie equipment in a large unventilated arena.

I did not have any photos of soccer to put up, so here is one of a store in Herrenberg. It is at least typically German looking. Maybe next post I will have some pictures of Germans weeping in their beer.

No comments: