Thursday, June 08, 2006

One day to go

Well, it is one day until the world cup begins here in Germany. This is a picture of a toy from a Kinder Egg, a magnetic soccer player. There are about 30 differen ones, but this is the Rhino that I have. He is set up on the cupboard between my work neighbour and myself, where we can have impromptu matches. The other player is a tiger.

I was unable to get tickets to a match of the real WC, which was a bit of a letdown. They had a lotto system here to see who could buy them and I did not get selected. In the second round of ticketing, I could have either bought tickets for a Stuttgart based game for 100 Euro each, or to a game in Leipzig for 40 Euro each. Since Leipzig would cost me another 60 bucks in train fare, I opted to not buy any... I will just have to suffer with TV.

I am still not sure who to cheer for. Germany is my adoptive home, so I suppose I would like them to do well, but I think they will not do much better than the second round. I think I will cheer for Spain, since I recently had a very nice trip to Barcelona.

 Posted by Picasa

No comments: