Friday, June 30, 2006

My New Camera


Recently I bought this Camera. It is a Nikon D50, the low end DSLR from Nikon. I have to say, this has made my picture taking experience about a million times more fun. Not that there was anything wrong with my point and shoot digital camera, it is just so much better now.

1) The autofocus is almost instant, you can actually take pictures of things that move around, like babies.
2) The time from pressing the button to capturing the image is 0.2 seconds, wayyyyy faster than any P+S
3) You can use continuous shooting of 2.5 FPS, so taking pictures of moving things is fun too.
4) changeable lenses, so you have all the flexibility of a traditional SLR.

All in all, I cannot recommend a DSLR enough. They do cost more, but I cheaped out by buying a factory refurb from Nikon via the internet. It came out cheaper than my first HP camera....

VERY complete Review of the Nikon D50

Oh, and tonight is Germany-Argentina in the world cup quarter finals. keep your pretzels crossed.

3 comments:

Fraser Anderson said...

I am just an enthusiastic new product owner. If Nikon wants to pay me to wax poetic about how much I like the cameras, I am always available.

I am sure you love your canon just as much.

Jay Rymal said...

VIVA Germany! Nice game.
VIVA Canon! I love my Canon, but I'm sure Nikon's are ok too :P

Mike P said...

Well I think that the Nikon is very nice. I bought the low end canon a couple of years ago and have found digital SLR very fun. I think that out of the box the Nikon also takes nicer pictures that the canon.

Mike