Friday, June 16, 2006

Visiting Bebenhausen

This is at the "new building" of a castle/monastary that we went to visit yesterday. The new building was done in 1523. The old Building was in 1107. This is just 9km from our house, it is pretty odd when the new building is older than the settlement of Canada.

It was mega hot again yesterday and this is one of the closest nice places to take my mother for a visit. If we want to go somewhere with Liam, we are essentially limited to trips no greater than three hours from start to finish. Any longer and he just becomes a bored angry man.

This is yet another photo I took with my lovely new camera. I am 100% satisfied with the good folks at Nikon. Not that my HP camera was bad, but my new one is just much much nicer in every way possible. Take that HP.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Oh - famous last words?
Watching you always....

Mark Hurd

Jay Rymal said...

I think you meant to say "Here's a pic of my lovely wife with my new camera"
:)
What camera did you get?

We just picked up a Canon Digital Rebel XT. So much better than the old point and shoot digital we've been using. I can actually get the shot of the kids doing something cute before it ends.

Fraser Anderson said...

I bought a Nikon D50. I got it via a friend in the US and it is a Nikon Factory refurb, costing less than one third the retail price in Germany. It works great and I am very happy with it.

We get killed on electronics here, things generally cost slightly higher in EURO than they do in dollars. Brutal. Starting in January, our sales tax goes up to a whopping 19% as well. I am no longer buying any consumer products here. I will get everything from abroad.