Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Greenhouse

On one part of our trip, we paid a visit to the Geneva botanical gardens. it is a big nice park in the middle of the city and we thought Liam would like to run around and look at things. One of the first places we went was a nice big greenhouse.

This particular greenhouse was home to some nice desert flora. On one side was nice african plants and on the other north american desert plants. Here are the north american cacti. I did find this warning sign amusing, apparently these were not cacti as I know them, but were "Thorny Succulents" Perhaps this is the correct term for them, but I still found it funny.

So we held back and did not touch them. I liked that you could climb up the stairs very high an look down on the people below. Always nice to do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks a bit like Allen Gardens in Toronto.

I think my Warcraft character ate a thorny succulent. It was quite rejuventating.