Friday, October 05, 2007

A Very Long Time Ago

When my Mum was over here, she brought me a nice big batch of old photos to have a look through. Most of them are from my lifetime, but a few were some old old ones and I thought they were fun to look at as well.

Here are pictures of my parents from 1964 when they first arrived in Canada. The house behind my dad is in the wonderful Jane-Finch area of Toronto, I think it seemed nicer then.

I wonder if in the year 2041 or so, Liam will be posting pictures of me arriving in Germany on whatever sort of blog-like forum exists then. That is assuming he will turn out to be a big computer geek like me. Soon he will be old enough for me to start indoctrinating him in the ways of geekdom. I already have a substantial quantity of fine Sci-fi television programs and films to get him going. I saw Star Wars in the theatre when I was 4 years old, that was the beginning of it all for me.

I also need to get started with some good books to read to him. I think most of my Sci Fi is not quite the right thing for bedtime stories, but surely I will come up with a good bedtime reading list before too long.

No comments: