Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Around Ouchy

In Lausanne, the part of the town down near the lake is called Ouchy. I am sure in French it sounds perfectly OK, but when I say it in English, it makes me laugh. One of the things I liked best was this place:
Chateau d'Ouchy. Amazing.

There were some other interesting things around the town that I thought were worth looking at. One of which was this pub. I recommend clicking it for the larger image, the Giraffe door was really something special. We did not go inside as it was far too early in the day for a bar, but I really liked the look and name.
I think this was part of a university or something. To be honest I can't remember, but we parked right next to it and it looked impressive.
We also had a look inside the cathedral there. As usual it was pretty amazing architecture in a nice Gothic style. I did not get any photos of the outside since it started raining quite heavy when we left the building and we just wanted to get indoors someplace to have lunch.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sure a few of your friends would disagree that it was too early to go into a bar.

Anonymous said...

Seriously Fraser, it's always 5 o'clock somewhere. :)