Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Worlds Largest Pumpkin Exhibition

On this past Friday evening, I asked Claudia if there was anything going on this weekend. She asked me if I was interested in going to the world's largest pumpkin fest, which she had just read about in a magazine.

Did she even have to ask??? yes.

The festival is on in Ludwigsburg, just on the other side of Stuttgart from us. We have been there numerous times in the past as it is home to the fairy tale garden and a nice castle grounds.

I took quite a few photos, so lets embark on a pumpkin journey.

There was little question which way to go...
And it seemed that this was a big event. Indeed there was no parking for blocks, all lots full and we walked almost 20 min from the spot we found. Look at he throngs of pumpkin fans.
Something I expected was HUGE pumpkins, and that was delivered. Here are Claudia and Liam in front of the 4th largest pumpkin in Europe.
Off in this glorious tent are the top 3 pumpkins in Europe. First place is in the middle, it is from Belgium and weighs 610 kg. that is a lot of pumpkin.
Down the path from here was the area where they sold pumpkins. I have not seen so many in one place before. I did not know there was quite this many types to choose from. I will let you look at the glory of these stalls.
Stay tuned, I have not even scratched the surface of the awesomeness yet....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so freaky that someone can grow a pumpkin that large.

Fraser Anderson said...

freaky... or AWESOME

Anonymous said...

Alright...awesome.

Anonymous said...

Those pictures contain a lot of pumpkins and Germans.