Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Mighty Xbox

I just realized today that I had not made any blog post about the fact that I did indeed purchase and Xbox 360 for Christmas...

Just around the end of last year, Microsoft decreased the price of the Xbox 360 in Europe yet again. If you look online now, the Pro system with the 60GB HDD is going for 219 Euro. I actually purchased the older 20GB model, and I bought a display one (they rotate it out every 3 weeks at this store) and got it quite a bit cheaper.

It looks like this:
At the moment I don't have much in the way of games, but I have really been enjoying the glory of free demo versions you can download. I don't really play xbox for very long at a time, so getting to try out the first level or two of a game has really met my needs.

Special thanks to Gord for giving me his extra copy of this game:
It is an amazing looking game that is big fun... which I am really really horrible at. Even on the easiest level I get destroyed. In the good old days, I was rather skilled at the shooter genre, Duke Nukem 3d for example... Now I just suck.

Liam likes the Xbox too, but I already thought it was a bit too much like TV and got him a little worked up. So no more Xbox watching for him for a few years. There will be plenty of time for video games as he gets older. As it was, he very quickly became obsessed with:

As you can see, he certainly knows the genre he likes best. He and I are both happier when he is playing with his real lego though. That is still the best.

I am using the Xbox mostly as a media centre the last days, something that Claudia can actually appreciate too. It is much better experience watching shows from the xbox than my laptop. There are still a few technical infrastructure things I would like to do with the set up, but there is plenty of time for that kind of action.

Oh, if any xbox people read this and want to add me as a friend, my gamertag is FRAZAMAGORF. I think you can thank Rob Savelle for that name, he invented it when we were about eight years old.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Streaming through your xbox is great...I'm doing it constantly.

I just got Guitar Hero World tour (on sale for 1/2 price)...highly recommended.

Anonymous said...

What is better XBOX or PLaystation 3?
Ponter