Monday, February 02, 2009

An Actor is Born

I just came back from Liam's theatrical debut.

His kindergarten just did a little play, and I am ashamed to say I cannot remember the title, but give me a break... It was something about little animals in the forest.

The curtain opened on some kid with the fantastic role of "snowman" who basically stood there for the length of the production. Very few lines, but lots of stage time.
Then the parade of animals came out. First some little birds, then deer, then at long last.... THE PORCUPINE!!!

Liam's only lines were supposed to be "knusper knusper" which is apparently the noise porcupines make when eating, but ever the professional, Liam broke character and looked out into the audience, pointed at me and yelled out "THERE IS MY MAMA AND PAPA!"
There was some more shuffling around and the animals did some stuff, most of which escaped me, but it was not exactly Hamlet.

The big finale was a song the kids all sang. Then they took their big bow and Liam again piped up and yelled out "SEE FRAU KRAHWINKEL, I TOLD YOU MY PAPA WAS NOT AT WORK."
A Star is born?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that Liam broke the fourth wall...

Anonymous said...

Actually, it sounds like something you might have done way back in the day...