Friday, May 15, 2009

Six Days until Canada

So, the big trip draws ever closer.

I am flying Air Canada (thanks to my airmiles) and when I booked the flight, I made sure that I was going to be getting on one of the new airbus 77w planes.

I had a look around the internet to learn about the various planes as I booked my ticket. I have flown enough times to know that planes cary quite a bit and on a long flight I want to make sure that I can have the least discomfort possible along with the most amenities.

From all accounts, the 77W seems like quite a nice ride. Here is a photo of the economy cabin, where I will be spending most of next Thursday.
The features I found most appealing were the fact that all seats have a power port for laptop computers (yay!) as well as a pretty advanced TV/Movies system.

I am sure that I will still find lots to dislike about the flight... food, space, boredom. However I hope that I will be amused enough with the plane that I can enjoy it at least a little. I will be fully stocked with electronic distractions from my laptop and ipod as well as a lot of book to get through.

I will be sure to be a little more diligent in my picture taking and documentation of the trip. I know I have really slacked on my blog in the last while.

And for all you in Canada who are planning to meet up, look forward to seeing you! Plans are still to have the big meet and greet in Toronto on Saturday the 24th in the evening. Venue is not final, but the invites went out on my Facebook to those of you on there too. If you know a good place to meet up and chat & snack, I am very open to suggestions.

1 comment:

Mike P said...

I understand that it rarely blows up in the air.