Thursday, April 13, 2006

Geek Holiday

Ok, so I recently was in Geneva visiting my brother and sister in-law. While there, I took the opportunity to go and visit CERN. This is the European Particle Physics research lab and home to the largest machine inthe world. The Large Hadron Collider is 27KM long!

CERN is also the place where the WWW was invented by Tim Berners Lee, I got to see the box that was used to invent HTML and was the first web server. It was a NeXT box just like I used in university and had a big yellow post it attached that said "do not turn off this computer."

Geek heaven.

This is the "dome of Science" recently built to host exhibitions and presentations. It is made of wood and it actually looks sort of cheap when you get up close to it...
Posted by Picasa

No comments: