Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Fun Land Part 2 - the rides

Well, after seeing all the fairy tale displays, we moved on to the main attraction of the park... rides.

There was a good variety of rides for little folks, I would say from 3 up to about 10 should have been able to have quite a good time here.

Our first stop were the cars. These are just your typical fun park cars... on rails so you don't steer them, they just putter around the track past more fairy tale type things.
Right next to these ones were even smaller cars that Liam was able to ride by himself. He liked those a lot too.
Next up was a ride that looked like a hot air balloon. That was another one for Claudia to ride with him. When the ride stopped, he jumped off and ran away in some fit of excitement and the girl operating the ride needed to send him back in the right direction to us...

Just down the path from this was the ferris wheel. I have a pretty significant fear of heights, but I figured what the heck, I may as well go on. Claudia was very keen to go on this, she likes this sort of ride quite a lot.
Interestingly, I thought that this ride seemed to lack some of the safety features I was used to from North American fun parks. The pod we were sitting in had no safety restraints of any kind, it was totally open to the air and you could even spin it around with a wheel in the middle. I am sure that in North America some fool would have jumped out then sued.

Good views down on the park from up there though...
We had the inevitable train ride that Liam insisted on riding. This was a pretty boring ride, very short and did not really see much. However it is a train so we had to ride it about 4 times.
From here we found something similar to the train but a little more exciting. A tiny roller coaster. Liam did not know what to make of it at first, but once we told him it was a caterpillar train, he was all for it. It just went in a circle, but was moderately fast and quite exciting for a tiny person.
Right next door to that was a slightly bigger roller coaster, he got to ride that one with mummy.
There you go... a summary of the rides. There were a few more there but I think I have painted a pretty good picture of what Traumland had to offer. I had a good time and I think it is safe to say that it was a success with Liam.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun park for kids. I'm surprised too that there were no safety bars on the ferris wheel, but I'm glad you chose not to jump.

Anonymous said...

I want to go to funland with Liam! It looks like a MUCH more interesting way to spend a day than at the office!