Friday, September 19, 2008

Fun Land Part 3 - some more fun

Just to finish off the look at fun land... After the rides, there were also some other little fun activities to consider.

First up was the ball pit. Kids all love these and they had a very nice one housed in this little gazebo like structure.
As you can see here, Liam jumped right in and had a great time. We could not get him to leave actually. I even offered him ice cream and he rejected it in favour of more ball pit time.
Claudia then spotted something next to the pit that was even more enticing... a big digger you could actually operate. Diggers (Baggers) are Liam's greatest love in the world. He was transfixed by this and we let him have a go sitting on my lap.

It was harder to operate than you would think, but I think I could have just made the arm go back and forth the whole time and Liam would have been a happy dude. Given enough coins, I think we could have easily just left him there for about a week or so.
One more ride popped up for Liam and Claudia, one of those carousel rides with chairs hanging on swings. They gave that one a go.
The last thing that I thought was awesome was an ice cream vending machine. It looked like a polar bear, and you put in a euro and were then treated to the excitement of machine prepared soft ice cream.
I liked this so much I made a little film of it. I was singing this little ice cream song to myself for a long time afterwards.

And there you have it, the conclusion of the fun land posts. I hope to go back there for even more fun another time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the 2nd picture of Liam in the ball room. I think I saw a couple of limbs in the background of kids who were drowning in balls.