Friday, September 05, 2008

Photoshop Project - Stuttgart after Global Warming

Claudia asked me to do a little photo project for her for school. She wanted me to take a photo of the Schlossplatz in Stuttgart, then add a bunch of tropical items to it so she could discuss with her students. She gave me an example of one she had in her teaching book, but it was of the wrong city. The idea was to make it look like Stuttgart may look after global warming made it like the tropics.

I thought it seemed like a job for Google Image Search and photoshop. First, I found a nice image of the Schlossplatz, that was not so hard to do.
Then I went and got some crazy stuff. Partially based on the example, and partially my own ideas, I decided on adding to the image:

1) Flamingoes
2) Elephants
3) A launching rocket
4) A Cactus
5) The Canadian Flag
6) A nice beach
7) Elvis

I then popped over to google and searched on each of those items and saved the photo I thought looked best for the job. I know they are not all really about global warming, but I think a rocket could be seen as contributing to greenhouse gases and ozone depletion, and surely we would somehow raise Elvis from the dead to entertain us in our new beach home. The Canadian flag is in just out of love.

Here is a montage of the new elements.
Then I opened up Adobe Photoshop and edited the elements, removed backgrounds, scaled and flipping images as needed. Once the components were ready, I added them into the original image and the result is this masterpiece, you can click on it for an enlargement.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see the Canadian flag worked its way in there. Nice job on the photoshopping.

Anonymous said...

My personal favorite? The elephants.

Fraser Anderson said...

Claudia made me remove Elvis and the rocket. Outrageous I say.