Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Saint Martin's day

Well, Sept 11 is St Martin's day, something that has some fun elements for kids over here. As I bwrote about last year, little kids go out at night with lanterns on a stick and sing songs. Liam's kindergarten did this the other night and I went along and tried to take some fun photos.

I changed the sync on my flash to rear curtain, so I could try to get some neat effects of the light trailing behind the lanterns. I don't know if they would count as good photos or not, but I think the effect is pretty cool.

Here is Liam and our neighbour Annika, she is in the "red" group in kindergarten with him.
Liam and his pal Emil, the only boy his age on our street. They have many adventures.
Claudia was there with her lantern too. I think this one turned out quite well, you can see the movement blur and Claudia is still visible. Sometimes people end up looking pretty ghostly when I try this effect.
And finally one of the procession walking along the road.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How VERY cool! I love the camera work!