Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Poorly thought out Advertising

Ok, so I was at the gas station this morning when I noticed this advertisement on the side of the building. Excuse the poor quality of the image, it was taken with my phone.

The German text reads “whether Coffee, buns, or sweets…. Drink and Drive” then at the bottom, “your bake-shop”

img039This brilliant poster was of course on display at a gas station. For those who don't know, German gas stations also sell alcohol. Beer, wine, vodka, whatever you like (to those of legal age of course.) I know that western media has become somewhat hyper-sensitive and politically correct in recent years, but come on...

I have to think that this is a ill conceived campaign. I can not believe that someone first thought this up, then managed to sell the idea to the company doing the advertising. Do they not think that this could be seen in a negative way?

4 comments:

Dave C said...

Not only that, but the poster design looks like something from the 1970's.

Strange.

Fraser Anderson said...

well, you cant see the top half of the poster due to the early morning sun glare and the poor quality of my camera phone.

There is a friendly guy with a coffee there.

I will agree it is not exactly cutting edge modern design though.

Unknown said...

i will have to blog about this one...funny.

Unknown said...

by the way, `layout`is ryan tonight :-)