Wednesday, November 03, 2010

I'm back.. and Sensapolis part 1


So, I know it has been a long while since I have updated the site. But I have been very very busy with work and home and generally everything for a couple of months. I will try to get things rolling again now that November is here and my work schedule is theoretically improved.

One of the fun things we did this summer on a rainy day was go to the indoor fun park Sensapolis which is right by my office.

Essentially it is a massive warehouse full of activities for kids to do. The first image is a nice wide shot of the place from one direction.
Liam went nuts in here and I don't blame him. I have to say this was one of the most fun places to take a kid that I have gone to. The first thing we did was go to the area full of foam balls. Basically a room full of balls, with a scaffold five stories high surrounding it. From the scaffold, there is an air cannon every few feet that you can use to shoot balls at other folks. Liam would have stayed there all day. I will not lie, I had a great time trying to shoot other fathers in the head when they were not looking.
Right next to the ball zone is a climbing wall with a bunch of different routes for different skill levels. Liam was too small for this, but I could see Claudia's eyes lighting up as something she would like to do. Sadly she did not bring appropriate footwear or clothing for climbing, but I could tell that this is a part of the place that she will be taking advantage of the next time we visit.
There are also a whole lot of slides in this place. Some of them are up to three stories tall and will launch your child in a variety of speeds. Liam was a bit afraid of the re
ally fast ones, but he had a good time on this giant slide.
For the customers wanting extra speed, you could take a big felt carpet to ride down, something that reduced friction better than street clothes. I tried one or two that felt like I left my lunch up near the top.

More to follow in the next posts. Don't worry Dave, it will not be two months in between them any more.

2 comments:

Dave said...

Considering how you were deleting links to other blogs for lack of posting, you were dangerously close to self-termination.

Welcome back!

Shelley said...

Missed your updates and wit my friend.