Friday, November 12, 2010

New Special Flavour Chips


As anyone who knows me can confirm, I am a sucker for "limited edition" flavours of things. As soon as I see something strange on the grocery shelf(usually Chips), I have it in the shopping cart. In the past, this has led me to enjoy taste sensations such as:

Africa flavoured Chips
Turkey and Gravy Chips
Spicy Raclette Chips
Pepsi with Green Tea
Coke with Lemon
Beer flavoured Chips
Gum flavoured pop (worst ever)

and many many more that I don't even recall now.

This one caught my eye right away. Huett'n style chips, featuring a smiling Dirndl girl playing the accordion. I asked Claudia to translate Huett'n for me and she just said "you know, Huett'n" and laughed at them. I think its a reference to the mountain huts/inns that are all around the Allgau and Austria.

The chips themselves were really good. I would say the taste of Huett'n style is pretty much like the chips were cooked in a mild onion soup. Not overpowering at all, just a hint of onion and then maybe a sort of soup broth taste to them. I would absolutely eat these again.

3 comments:

Dave said...

But did they make it past the Liam taste test?

Fraser Anderson said...

Liam did enjoy them, and he is a picky dude.

www.m-cause.com said...

yep, i need me some of those...