Friday, November 19, 2010

Space Hulk – Part 2

Liam of course was bugging me about the game since he saw the little munchkins, and we had planned to play after he was in bed, but the excitement was too much for him. After about 10 min in bed, he strolled back down to have a look and whined until we let him sit and watch us play a little.DSC_0091 I offered Ryan either side to play in this mission and he chose the aliens. I did let him know that I thought the game favoured the marine side fairly heavily and this being the introductory mission, was likely to be even more unbalanced, but he did not mind at all and went for it.

Oh, here is an example of a painted marine model. When I eventually do it, they will almost certainly look nothing like this. My skills are weak.I had read through the rules pretty thoroughly, but the first game is always a little slower as we get the hang of the game and its many mechanics, but it was not too bad. Ryan figured out the tactics of the aliens pretty quick and I think would have done much better if it was not for the ridiculous success I had rolling dice. Seriously, it was absurd the number of 6s I rolled against him.

I like this image because it looks like Liam is winning. It also looks like he is having a beer with his uncle. I promise its mine.

DSC_0092 So, the goal of the Marines was to get the one guy with a flame thrower to a specific room and then set it on fire. I managed to do this without getting destroyed by Ryan and his alien forces. In what most people would say was a poor tactical move, I did fire the flamethrower into the room when my sergeant was still standing there, melting him to gooey slag heap. The mission objectives were reached though, so I am sure he was happy to make the sacrifice in the name of keeping Ryan’s Alien menace at bay.

DSC_0094

No comments: