Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Diggin on the beach

For all the fancy toys that exist and are marketed at us, I still think that I see most are happiest with a shovel, a beach and a mission.

 

First up, we walked past the “dog beach.” Dogs are forbidden on the the regular stretches of beach that the humans are enjoying, but do have specially designated areas where they can also enjoy beach time.  There are also specifically zoned “kite beaches” where you can enjoy the pleasures of kite flying without annoying the beach tourists.  I think this is a very orderly and German approach to things, it seemed to make some good sense.  Our digging mission was rather later in the evening, so there were no dogs around the beach when we were there.

 

DSC_1890

 

Like I said though, give the boy a shovel and his day is made.  I am not sure what is so fun or satisfying about digging a hole, but I also had a little shovel to dig along with him and I have to admit it was a lot of fun.  We dig wholes, made mountains, castles, moats, caves to hide in.  The beach offers a lot of variety to the shovel bearer.

 

DSC_1885

 

Of course, there was a moment when Liam found a hill to claim for his own.  Shortly after this photo was taken, this hill had a brand new hole on top.

 

DSC_1895

 

At the end of a long tough evening of digging, we took a nice stroll back to the flat.  I quite liked the look of this photo, nice warm colours and big shadows make me happy.

 

DSC_1903

No comments: