Thursday, June 21, 2012

More Beach fun.

As shown in the last post’s video, the boys played quite nicely together on the beach.  There seems to be something special about shovels and digging for our boys.  I know Liam was the biggest fan of construction vehicles, digging, sand and dirt for a very long long time and now Henrik is following in his footsteps.  The only minor conflict is that Liam is all about building things with the sand and Henrik is all about smashing things in the sand.  So most of the time Liam would be working on some project, such as a castle while trying to fend off the smashing attacks of his brother.

IMG_1012

At some point, Liam came up with an unsmashable project, a Henrik hole.

IMG_1007

Henrik also liked the sandy environment for his mobility.  I think the nice malleable surface was extra comfy for him to practice his “bum shuffling” and crawling.

Check out this sweet crawling adventure.


So, despite not being a huge beach holiday fan myself (I’m more of a mountain man) I think seeing the enjoyment the boys both have on the beach has sold me that it is an ideal location to take them at this age.  As much as I enjoyed our Borkum holiday last year, I thought it was even more fun this time.

No comments: