Friday, September 29, 2006

Off to Paris

Well, for most of next week I am off to Paris for "Marketing Training." It is a requirement for all HP employees in Marketing to attend a basic training course. Some selected people have to continue to a second round of training, but they have not really mentioned who will be selected or how.

It is a bit strange for me, although I work in the marketing department, I am an Analyst and Forecaster, I have no marketing functions at all. But if HP wants me to take a course, fine. I am disappointed it is in Paris though, I am not a huge fan of the city. I have already been there and seen the historic sites and such, and the Parisian people are not really the friendliest bunch.

I am planning to use the time as a sleeping holiday. I will leave my class, eat my food and then go right to bed for 10-11 hours of blissful uninterupted sleep. No "baby alarms." I think that is the best way to use my time. Claudia will stay an extra day or two in Augsburg with her parents, so she will not be all alone with muggins.

Hockey was off to a good start last night. Some team from Russia was visiting and we played them. I was a little worried at first, they looked very professionial in nice new fancy uniforms... Luckily, they were not just bad, but appallingly bad. I did not keep score as I lost count when we went up by about 3,000 goals or so. I was not even on my best form, I let by some very very bad goals myself, but in nowhere near the volume of my Russian counterpart. Ha ha, commies.

I also have my first minor injury of the season. I thought my finger was broken after a puck somehow sneaked through, but once the swelling went down, things look better. My nail is all black, I am just hoping it does not fall off. Typing is uncomfortable.

1 comment:

Jay Rymal said...

Way to go Fraser, show those Reds!
Just like the '72 series eh? Woo!