Thursday, July 10, 2008

Most awesome toddler ever...

Last weekend, there was an open house summer fun day at Liam's daycare and the kindergarten next door. We all went over to take part in the snacks and fun as well as have a look around Liam's soon to be new school.

There were lots of kids running about, partying it up, which I will cover in future posts... However, one kid redefined awesome for me.

Look at this guy!
So, this little fellow is all decked out in some sort of black pirate head-cloth, and then wearing a kiddie sized MANOWAR shirt.

In case you do not know who Manowar are, they are a hair-metal band formed in 1980, who hold the Guiness record for "Loudest Performance" Not really the sort of Music you would imagine a 3 year old listening to... They are not exactly The Wiggles. I had two friends back in the mighty Orangeville who were big Manowar fans, Dave and Adam, if you guys are reading. perhaps you could tell me if your kids have this look nailed yet?

Here is what Manowar look like

Amazing!!!! I was really hoping to spot this kid's parents... I wanted to see two 30-40 something aging metal heads with hair and tattoos all over drinking beer out of a plastic bottle with a straw. I am sure that is not what all Manowar fans are like, but it is the image that jumped into my head.

What goes through parents minds when dressing their kids?

Maybe I am the one who have it all wrong, I can not confess to knowing the music of Manowar, so I am basing my opinion on unfair stereotypes and media imagery of Metal fans. It could well be that beneath the pounding drums, roaring guitars and screeching vocals are songs that are very child friendly.

The songs may be be about ponies and cuddly toys, sharing and playing with pals.

A selection of Manowar song titles I looked up from their vast (18 album) collection confirms this.

-The Power of Thy Sword
-The Demon's Whip
-Achilles, Agony and Ecstasy in Eight Parts (including "The Desecration of Hector's Body")
-Pleasure Slave
-Blood of the Kings
-Fight Until We Die
-Violence and Bloodshed
-Kill With Power
-Blood of my Enemies
-March for Revenge (By the Soldiers of Death)

If that is not for kids, I don't know what is.

I feel a little bad, that Liam's shirts have Thomas the Tank Engine and some bears and dogs on them. I think I will go get him a Slayer shirt on the way home.

5 comments:

Ozvortex said...

A little boy at my younger daughter's daycare is named Slade. I'm not sure if he's named after the English glam rock band...

Anonymous said...

Jacquelyn has a Lynard Skynard t-shirt....

Anonymous said...

I think Liam could add the bandana to his wardrobe.

Fraser Anderson said...

I think I would like to make a statement, I will dress Liam in a Sepultura shirt and I will wear the wiggles next time we go out.

Anonymous said...

don't forget to get a picture of the two of you. that would be priceless!