Monday, June 18, 2007

Claudia in Geneva

Here is a nice picture of Claudia in Geneva. She was recently telling me that I take too many pictures of Liam and not enough of everyone else. I don't think she meant that we have too many photos of the super-baby, but that my ratio of non-Liam photos should increase.

Based on this advice, I tried to take some more pictures of the rest of the family folks during our trip. I think that this picture of Claudia turned out quite nice. You can click on it for the HUGE version.

I really enjoy taking pictures and I think this has increased about a million percent since I bought my digital SLR last year. I think when I go do something, I take on average of 100 photos per day, and then trim that down to about 5-10 that I think are worth sharing with people. What I wish now is that I had some spare money to expand my kit a little. I think that I would really like an external flash, so I could take some nicer indoor pictures using indirect light, and of course I would like a longer lens for a variety of things. Something up to 200-300mm would suit me just fine. I am wondering if Nikon makes a digital teleconverter that could be a cheaper alternative in the meantime. A really really wide lens, like a 12 or 10mm would also be great for some landscape shots.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

very nice picture of claudia.

i'm still not sure how you ended up with her.

GS

Anonymous said...

Maybe Claudia has a soft spot for goalies from Orangeville who are sarcastic, tech-savvy and speak broken German.
Ponter