Monday, November 19, 2007

Forgotten Cell Phone Photos

I looked through my cell phone and saw some photos I took a while ago and forgot to post.

These are taken in the Gersthofen mall, where we had popped over for a quick shop a little while ago. It seems that the store "Quelle" which is a bit like a Sears catalogue shop, was having some sort of celebration.

Like many stores, they chose to celebrate by giving students low paying jobs dressing up in humiliating costumes. Here we met a girl dressed as a giant cake. Liam was a little scared by all that dress, but he was fascinated and certainly wanted to check her out.
Later on, we again saw the cake girl, and she had been joined by a blue man. They were enjoying a beverage in the courtyard in front of the store. I cannot imagine what kind of jobs these two turned down before taking these ones. I am going to go ahead and assume that this is a minimum wage gig.

I would also say it is very believable that these two are somehow related to the local manager of Quelle. Although, if a relative approached me when I was a student with the "how would you like to make some extra money!" line followed by "You just have to walk around a mall dressed like a cake!" I don't think I would have taken them up on it.

There are many, many things I would dearly love to dress up as. neither of these are on that list.
After that, they walked off into the proverbial sunset. I like to imagine they lived happily ever after.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised Liam didn't try to eat the girl's dress. A giant walking cake...mmmmmm...cake...