Wednesday, January 02, 2008

I am Back

Well, holidays are over and I am back to work now. I am one of TWO lucky folks in the office from today onwards.

I also plan to resume more regular posting now that the holidays are behind me. I will start with the Christmas gift that was my big one... a new flash for my camera. I received the Nikon SB-400 speedlight flash, just the model that I most wanted (thanks!) Here is what it looked like when I unwrapped my gift.
Now this is a nice compact flash, pocket sized when not in use and it works great. I am now making full use of the "bounce flash" when taking indoor photos. This is when I angle the flash 90 degrees to bounce the light off the ceiling, making nicer more natural looking images. Direct flash on the subject makes things look harsh and often with nasty rear shadows. Here are two examples of the same pose of Claudia, one with direct and one with indirect flash. I think it is an immediate and obvious improvement.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fraser,
wow, the difference is huge.
The Doris