Tuesday, January 29, 2008

This restaurant actually exists.

OK, this restaurant looks like the most amazing place ever. This is in a mall in Escondito, 5 min up the road from the

hotel. It is indeed called "Hot dog on a Stick" That also pretty much fully describes their menu. Take a closer look and see the glory of the staff uniform too. It is an outstanding explosion of colour. I did not eat one sadly, we were here shortly after finishing an "American Full Breakfast" at the hotel and it was of typical monster sized proportions.

You can click on this to enlarge, and I think you can actually read the menu.The other great thing about this restaurant was that I actually overheard this exact conversation while there...

Daughter (very small) - Daddy, can we have hot dog on a stick?

Daddy - No dear, last time I ate there I got food poisioning

Daugher - Why did they poison you? What did you do to them?

Daddy - Sweetie, food poisioning is not on purpose.

I loved that. I thought I was going to fall down. I hope that transcription did it justice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should inquire about German franchise options for Hotdog on a Stick.

Looking forward to your post on In 'n' Out Burger.

Anonymous said...

This conversation should be integrated into a movie!
The Doris