Wednesday, May 28, 2008

First meeting of cousin Adam

Well, one of the big attractions for the trip to Canada was of course to introduce Liam to his family over there. My sister has two little people of her own living in the house and this would be the first occasion to get them all in the same room.

Now, I know that Liam will fairly much get some geekdom forced on him with me as a father, what with my love of computers, video games, science, comics, board games, and other nerdy nerdy things, but I was not sure what my Sister's boy would like. My sister is fairly much a non-geek. She has always liked things like sports and traditional normal human pastimes.

Lucky for me, some of my old junk still lives in her basement. The kind of junk that her 5 year old son got his hands on...This is my sound FX Darth Vader light sabre, something I purchased in my 20s I will add. Adam had apparently taken a liking to that one and as luck would have it, there was a second light sabre in the basement for Liam.Not quite a duel on the level of Vader vs Obi Wan, but I thought it was great that the two little guys went right for this stuff all on their own, no prompting from me. I knew the geek gene ran strong in my family.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fraser did you reclaim your lightsaber and bring it back to Germany?

Fraser Anderson said...

nope, I left it for the next generation of geek.