Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Yummy Crepes

On the Geneva voyage, we decided to go across the border and spend a day in France. The lovely town of Annecy. I had never been there, but Doris and Ryan told us it was well worth the short drive over. They were right, it was a super nice town and we enjoyed it a lot. I will have a few posts on this place, but the first one talks about lunch.

I am all about perpetuating absurd stereotypes when I can. In fact, when I go to France I fully expect and want everyone to look exactly like this (well, he should actually have a baguette in one hand and a cigarette in the other):Now, what better way to have a typical French lunch than to go for Crepes. We quickly found this nice looking Creperie:

I went for a Galette, which is the dark crepe that you have with heartier, meal type ingredients as opposed to the sweet kind. Mine was a "raclette" one, filled with cheese, potatoes and with smoked ham on top. It was very very good and I could barely finish it. The beverage of choice when I am in France is 100% of the time Orangina. Yummy yummy orange pop with pulp floating around.Knowing the diet of the picky boy, we went safe and ordered him a plain sweet crepe. Pancakes are one of the few things that Liam actually eats at home, so we thought he would probably have no problem with it.

Turns out we were mostly correct, he jumped right in and was particularly pleased to use a big fork like everyone else.
All in all, a delightful lunch, I would go back tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember going to the Magic Pan when I was a kid...all they served were crepes. I'm sure Liam would have enjoyed the hotdog crepe they used to serve..yum!