Monday, May 12, 2008

Some Interesting Gorge

On the drive home fro Annency, we saw this very interesting looking bridge over a gorge. I insisted that we stop for a quick look. It clearly is trying to look like some old old bridge, but I get the feeling that it is quite new, just done in an old style.

Foolishly, I never wrote down the name of the bridge, and Ryan and I did not notice a plaque or anything stating the details of the attraction. It just looked too.... new to me. Anyway, here is the gorge and some of the bridge.

I wish the sky had been a little more blue at this time of day, but I can not be bothered to photoshop one in.

The bridge as we approached it was pretty impressive. It looked very castle like. This is what I saw from the car that drew me in, making us stop for a closer look.
nextIf you look closely at the bridge though, it just seems to clean and non-crumbled to be ancient. Ryan thinks it was restored, but I say it was new. I am willing to bet that I am older than this bridge.It is still pretty impressive though, It was nice to walk along and take in the view, a nice breeze was blowing.The view of the gorge was pretty nice. Not the best time of day for a photo, but it looks not too bad.It sure seems like a long way down....I also thought that the modern highway bridge was also pretty impressive looking. It must have been a real pain for people to get around this region before modern engineering made stuff like this possible.

3 comments:

Ozvortex said...

Thanks for sharing those photos of your trip over the last few days. I've really enjoyed seeing those beautiful places. And I reckon you're correct about that bridge - it does look too new.

Fraser Anderson said...

I knew it!!

I need Ryan to drive back there and confirm my theory.

You will like my upcoming posts on the treasure trove of board games in my sister's basement!!

Anonymous said...

It looks like a lego castle. amazing.

Are you in Canada yet?

GS