Thursday, May 08, 2008

French Fashion?

France.... a nation renowned for its sense of style. This is a country that is a fashion capital of the world. It would seem that they are not too big on how they market their fashion though. I think the name of your store should be something good... something catchy...

I saw this place in France on the weekend:
To be fair, it is clear and concise. There is really no doubt in my mind what they have in this shop. Shoes. Not just any shoes. Trendy ones. Since I trust the French sense of style so much, I know that if they say it is trendy, then it must be so.

However, here are a sampling of the shoes on display:
Now, I think I can safely say that this is not a current trend in any of the places I have been lately. So France, Germany, Switzerland... all out. Unless of course it is a trend that is just beginning. I could be breaking the fashion news here ahead of major news outlets. When you spot the crowds wearing these god awful sparkle shoes, remember you saw it here first.

The only other theory I can come up with is that this store recently changed management, and slapped the "trendy shoes" name on the front as a new beginning. These sparkling shoes are left over from the old store, which was using the much less successful name "Crap Shoes"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

...and I already wanted to give Claudia a pair of those shoes for her birthday. Don´t you think she would be really really excited? At least Liam might say "Das ist aber süss"

Doris

Anonymous said...

Doris, can we get a translation?

Fraser Anderson said...

"That is so cute"

Anonymous said...

I thought it might have been 'that is so sucky'.