Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Back from Easter Fun

We have returned home from our weekend with the extended family in Augsburg for Easter. We had a nice time visiting with Oma and Opa, Uncle Bernhard and then also seeing great Grandma and Great Uncle Hans and Aunt Helga. Liam is spoiled with all the attention and I hope he can re-adjust to not having 24-hour play partners lined up to enjoy his company.

On Sunday we went down to Munich for a walk around the castle Nymphanburg which I have almost certainly spelled wrong.

Then we returned to the house where there was plenty of Easter treats, including the traditional lamb cake. I think I did not even eat any of the cake this year, but I had more than my fill of chocolate rabbits and eggs. I also like that people eat a lot of hard boiled eggs at this time of year. I think that back home people mostly just blew out raw eggs and painted them for decoration, but here it is pretty standard to paint the eggs after they are cooked and then just eat them after a while. They even sell painted hard boiled eggs in our office coffee shop. They cost 0.35 Euro.One of the things that Liam really likes about visiting Gersthofen is that he gets to play with all of Uncle Bernhard's old trucks. There are many giant construction vehicles there to keep him busy for a long long time. He also really discovered Bernhard's room with its wonderous fishtank and model crane. He pretty much dragged everyone upstairs several times a day so he could look at them. Then he grabbed the fish food and poured it all over the floor.

No comments: