Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Grandfather Shirt

Claudia just bought this shirt for Liam and it is called a "Grandfather Shirt"

Personally, I think it looks like one of those Indian shirts I have seen on TV and film, my only source of Indian culture. Anurag what do you think? Otherwise it is a fairly quiet day. I am making some of my first exciting Product Management decisions in my new job... I get to approve/change the packaging on a new product coming our soon which is cool, and I just killed a product that I have always disliked. I cannot say what they are since the info is not public, and I feel like a super spy.

Of course, not that anyone reading this could really care less about the world of Business Paper, but you never know what could fall into the wrong hands and get me into HP trouble.

8 comments:

Twiggy said...

It looks like the traditional Malaysian men's outfit called "Baju Melayu". Baju means clothes, Melayu means Malay.
Check out how it looks like, quite similar to what your adorable kid is wearing.
http://shw.fotopages.com/14299862/uukumpulan-nasyid-hahhaha.html

Fraser Anderson said...

Wow! That is indeed a similar look!

Now I have to wonder if it is a coincidence that the Germans and the Malaysians have similar styles with different names...

Or did some German have a holiday over in Malaysia and then come back to Stuttgart and try to pass it off as his original idea.

Sneaky Germans

Anonymous said...

paper is always important dwight.
gs

Anonymous said...

Fraser, I think you found your dream job...having the power to discontinue products that you hate, simply because you hate them.

So much control. So much power.

Fraser Anderson said...

Well, I do have to make a case for why they should be discontinued. I cannot just walk in and say "I hate this, stop it"

Although on the other side, I have single handedly saved a product that I think is fun for about 2 years now.

Still on the price list, and I am not even in charge of it, just a strong advocate for keeping it.

Anonymous said...

Regarding your Secret Wars post on what you are reading.

I remember collecting each one a month for a whole year.

However, you point out that Iron Man is black. Point of clarification. That was Tony Stark's (Iron Man) best friend Jim Rhodes who took over the suit and identity of Iron man for a while, during Stark's alcoholic days. Stark resumed the identity when he sobered up.

GS

Fraser Anderson said...

You have the nerve to ever call me a geek after that comment?

In the words of Jim (Iron Man) Rhodes:

Shut up, fool!

Unknown said...

It looks like a Nehru shirt (Nehru was one of the earlier politicians of the country with a holier than thou image). Liam looks cute in it though

I am always surprised at how many people in little town germany know about India through Bollywood. This afternoon while strolling through Tubingen, I saw a poster advertising a dedicated Bollywood disco. Boggles the mind.
Bollywood dance sequences are easily the most bereft of sense.