Friday, May 04, 2007

Boat Ride Gangs

We were very amused while waiting in line for the boat ride. Just up ahead of us were some biker-gang looking types. Patch covered vests, hair halfway down the back, big unkempt beards, and tattoos covering the arms right to the wrist.
I am reasonably sure that the tiny blue boat was no real substitute for a harley, but who knows. Maybe after hitting the pinocchio boat ride, they will no longer feel the call of their hogs. Instead they will trade them in for paddle boats and putter around the lakes.I was a little wary of taking pictures of them at first, since bikers are generally not known for their jolly sense of humour and enjoyment of other people having a laugh at them, but after a moment or two I could not resist the urge any longer.In the end I felt reasonably safe. First, because Claudia thought they did not have scary faces, but looked like a more cuddly type of biker, and second by my reasoning that the really scary bikers would not spend their labour day visiting the fairy tale botanical gardens of castle Ludwigsburg.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fraser, you make parenting actually look enjoyable.

It's too bad you couldn't get a picture of Liam with the bikers.

Fraser Anderson said...

You know, they seemed a friendly bunch, they probably would have done it if I asked them.

Next time.

Welcome back to comments Dave, have not heard a peep for a while.

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Like in the movies. My Mom told me I had to look up the post! She was right.

D

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to be back. I was away last week for a few days and things just got busy.

Your blog is still part of my morning ritual. Keep the posts coming.

Anonymous said...

Thinking about Dave is still part of my morning ritual.
MP

Anonymous said...

Dave - if parenting is that fun, i'd like to adopt you.

It would be like adopting Emmanuelle Lewis.

GS