Friday, May 18, 2007

The nearly finished house...

Well, our little house is pretty much done. All that is left to do is put on the stone steps (removing the temporary wooden ones) and then finishing the garden. The steps will come next week, but I think it will be a little while until the garden is done.
You may also notice our "new" old car. Claudia's dad just bought a new car, and he very kindly decided to give us his old one. I think it is a 1994 or so BMW 520. Since it is older and has about 190K on it, there was not much resale or trade in value and Claudia's dad did not want to see it go for nothing. He treated this car like another child and it is in perfect shape, so I think he is happy that it will be put to good use and he can still visit it. It certainly adds a bit of convenience to our lives since I can get to work in about 30% of the time it takes with transit...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fraser, life is treating you well...a fancy house, a BMW in the driveway.

I should move to Germany. Of course in Toronto, I do rent a condo and drive a Neon.

Fraser Anderson said...

I think a Neon costs more than my BMW.

Oh Dave, it is actually 2 BMWs in the driveway. The 316i and the 520.