Thursday, May 31, 2007

What the heck?

I just had a look at the hockey news for the first time in a while. The Stanley cup finals are being led 2-0 by the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim. If this tragedy continues, that means that the last three champions of the NHL would be Anaheim Ducks, Carolina Hurricanes, Tampa Bay Lightning.

These are all teams that I hate so passionately that I am glad I no longer live in Canada where I would have to see this.

Come on Ottawa! Get your crap together.


In other news... HP just started selling this smart-phone. I think it is really cool and I am trying to convince my boss that I need one to be more effective in my job. Clearly it would be a fine equipment investment. It is not like they are even all that expensive, but I think it will be a hard sell.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That phone looks massive in the picture.

How big/small is it in reality?

Anonymous said...

As a Leaf fan I hate Ottawa. Especially Alfredsson, he is a dirty player.
Dave, do you cheat when you play WoW?
Ponter

Fraser Anderson said...

The phone is not tiny: 4,86 x 1,63 x 10,7 cm

it is very slightly larger than the old SIEMENS phone I have now.

it is a smart phone, so it is comparing to some of the bigger palm treo / blackberry type phones that have a QWERTY keyboard.



Here is a review
http://www.trustedreviews.com/mobile-phones/review/2007/04/30/Hewlett-Packard-iPAQ-514-Voice-Messenger/p3

Unknown said...

You've been out of the hockey picture for a while there my friend - they're just the "Ducks" now. They dropped the "Mighty" off the name a season or so ago.


Plus as a fellow Leaf fan I'm with anonymous there - I hate Ottawa; go Ducks!

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure how anyone can admit to being a Leafs fan. Christ. Garbage.

GS

Fraser Anderson said...

I don't know how anyone can support the "ducks" in any circumstance.

Even if Ottawa is a rival, can't you at least support the Canadian teams?

Anonymous said...

No, I can't support Ottawa. It's like asking a German who supports Stuttgart to support Bayern Munich because they are in the Champions League Final. Besides, there are more Canadian born players on the Ducks than on the Sens.
To answer Gord's question, I can not explain why I support the Leafs, much like I can't explain my infatuation with Dave.