Wednesday, July 25, 2007

My Devious Plan

So in order to avoid watching horrible mind killing children's television, I have been showing Liam shows that I also enjoy watching. The idea is that I will expose him to fun shows that I also like to watch. So we sit with Spongebob and the Muppet Show fairly often.

It seems to be working as he will now ask for Muppets without my coaxing and he will sit nice on the couch for a little while while they are on. He seems to like Kermit best. The down side of this is that Liam will be learning that all the big stars of our time are the same as they were in 1974 or so. Claudia walked into the room the other day and asked what the heck we were watching and I had to say "Joel Gray dancing on the Muppets of course." He was a big star.... or something in the early 1970s. Come on JOEL GREY! went on to be in the fine film "Remo Williams"

Here are two little videos of the cute way he asks for "Mutt-ettts" I like in the first one how he is pleading with me "Bittttte!"



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would also comment that Joel Grey is making a television appearance this fall on the new CBC series "Triple Threat".

Fraser Anderson said...

Amazing. So far we have seen on the Muppets:

Joel Grey
Juliette Prowse
Ruth Buzzi
Paul Williams
Jim Nabors
Rita Moreno
Charles Aznavour

Muppets are soooo good.

Anonymous said...

I think Paul Williams was in the Muppet Movie and may have written 'The Rainbow Connection'. He seemed a bit strange to me.

Fraser Anderson said...

He was a typical guest. Sang a couple of songs and made lots of jokes about being short.

Good episode though, had the monster singing "all of me" while ripping his body apart. No wonder I turned out like I did when this is what I grew up with.

Liam... you are next.