Tuesday, July 31, 2007

I am sooooo trained now.

I just spent the whole day in a training on how to use the global "Product Lifecycle Tool."

A software tool that we use to do thrilling and exciting things like add and change dates of when products will be visible on the corporate price list, when they will be obsolete and when they will eventually have support removed.

Ahhh, 8 hours well spent on things like maintaining records, setting up profiles...

I generally spend all my time in new tool testing trying to break it by coming up with bizarre cases and examples. I figure if the tool is robust enough to withstand me trying to utterly destroy it on purpose, then it should be fine for the normal day to day use. I think I was annoying the trainers by the end of the day. I hate when I go to these things and the whole day is spent sitting quietly in a room while no one but the trainers say anything. I have to make my own fun to keep from going nuts. I also think that I am helping to further the understanding of the tools by my theory of "how can we smash it?"

Here is the dynamic and exciting presentation that I sneakily took a photo of with my phone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that instructor looks a bit scary.

Fraser Anderson said...

he was a nice friendly guy, but he had very very unnatural hair. I am not totally sure if it was a wig or a strange dye job. I am guessing dye since it was really really black.

Like looking into Gord's soul.

Oh, and he had a funny moustache.