Friday, July 13, 2007

The wonderphone is here at last

So all my waiting is finally over, my cool new smartphone has arrived. I have been waiting by the mailbox for three weeks now, hopping from foot to foot in anticipation...

So I photographed the whole glorious event. First, the big box had to be opened, notice that some quick little fingers darted in at the last second to try and get in on the action.Then I revealed the inner HP box in all its glory. A nice small package:Kudos to our packaging department for putting the "quick start" info on the flaps of the box with very complete diagrams. I used that to get up and running in about 5 minutes and did not have to fiddle around with manuals and inserts.


Here is the handset in all it's unpacked glory... It is exactly the same height and width as my old Siemens C65, but significantly thinner.
I plugged it in and it took about 2.5 hours until the battery was fully charged. This was on the fast side of the 2-4 hours the box advised. Then I plugged it in to my laptop and let it synchronize. Worked like a charm and all of my contacts, email, calendar info was copied to the phone.

Here is a shot of the phone turned on, look at the pretty colours.
Well, enough gushing on the phone.... for now. I will be putting up some exciting shots of the phone in action as I try out the various features.

On day one of the smartphone, I am soooooo satisfied with it. Yay for HP.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

it would have been nice to see a photo of your phone synching with your laptop.

Anonymous said...

your pictures remind me of the Simpsons episode where Homer went to space, where everyone celebrated the inanimate rod.

"I hope they show more pictures of the rod."

Fraser Anderson said...

Patience Dave...

there will be more pictures of the wonderphone and all its magnificent glory.

I will show pictures of me using it to heal the sick and solve global warming next.